Leadership and Professional Development Coaching
Leadership and Professional Development
Suppose you want happy, productive employees who contribute to the organization and fulfill their potential. In that case, you need to take your role as a manager beyond simply managing behavior or responsibilities and instead facilitate your team’s development.
The time you invest in coaching your employees will reduce your time putting out fires, handling issues, and compensating for low performance. It will directly impact your relationships, staff performance, and the organization’s long-term success.
Leadership Coaching Program
Leadership coaching is the conscious process of developing individuals’ talents and competencies to work more effectively with others. Leadership training often centers around practical communication skills, business coaching, and understanding the impact of different leadership styles. These coaching experiences often happen in mentoring relationships or a more formalized executive coaching program. Learn how to build strong and trusting relationships with your team, increase employee satisfaction and performance, and be a force for a positive culture in your organization.
Professional Development Coaching is a working partnership and a series of guided conversations between you and your coach, designed to create self-directed, lasting changes to promote your professional development. With a trained coach, you will identify your professional goals and current barriers to success. You will then work with your coach to create and implement more effective strategies to reach your goals. The aim is to heighten your awareness of what it takes to achieve professional development success — however you define this success — and anchor this with new strategies, a supportive relationship, and personal accountability.
You, not your coach, drive the focus of coaching. Here are a few goals that Professional Development Coaching can help accomplish:
- Clarify what is working and not working in your current professional situation
- Define “work success and professional fulfillment” for yourself and create a plan of action to achieve it
- Create a personal, value-driven vision and mission statement for the work
- Understand and capitalize on your strengths and values
- Better manage to feel overwhelmed and busy
- Increase effectiveness in the classroom
- Identify and change self-limiting beliefs
- Improve leadership and supervisory skills.
- Identify and overcome barriers to accomplishing projects.
- Balance responsibilities of work and family
Employee Job Performance
Learn how to build strong and trusting relationships with your team, increase employee satisfaction and performance, and be a force for a positive culture in your organization.
- How to develop strong relationships rooted in trust and admiration
- Establish goals and expectations.
- Measure performance & monitor progress.
- Prepare your employee for future positions.
- How to deliver feedback
- How to empower your employees
- Identify the tools, skills, and knowledge your employee needs.
- How to develop action plans
- Master effective communication techniques
- Tools for handling difficult conversations
- Increase employee satisfaction