Beyond money, relationships and health, are there any other areas of your life that you think you would like to apply affirmations to? Chances are, you probably have quite a few more in mind. Luckily for you, we have several more of these potential areas of life to talk about. Through examples and thorough descriptions of how affirmations can help you, we’re sure that by the end of the next couple days, you’ll have a fantastic grasp on where you’d like to head next with affirmations.
In today’s lesson, we’ll be examining our next three areas of life that affirmations may be applied to.
What is life but the pursuit of happiness? At the same time, how difficult happiness can be to attain? But there’s a lot wrapped up in this single emotion.
After all, happiness isn’t a place you’re trying to reach. Joy is instead part of your daily journey through life and is going to have to be addressed every day.
On the other hand, creating the habit of happiness can go a long way toward maintaining a happy attitude, once you’ve reached a point where you feel content with your life and direction.
Does this make happiness something you’re trying to attract to yourself, or is it entirely different?
The tricky thing about happiness is how it’s borne of so many other things. We find it in contentment when we’re experiencing the satisfaction in our jobs or relationships. We recognize it when our health is good or when we have enough for our needs. Happiness seems to be a culmination of so many other aspects of our lives. You might want to ask yourself first why you’re not happy and see if other affirmations might be a better fit for what you’re seeking.
If it turns out in this examination happiness is the real goal, with depression, worry, and anxiety at the root of this need, then you’re in the right place.
Remember, these are difficult areas to work through. When you sit down to work out why you’re feeling these things, you might expect some trigger points, much like you might have experienced working with your health affirmations. If you’ve experienced trauma in your life, this is even more so. The most important thing you can remember in these situations is to move slowly, taking small steps.
Happiness won’t come overnight, but slow and steady steps will bring you there. No matter what, hang in there, and don’t give up. Happiness is there, waiting for you again.
Examples of Affirmations Related to Happiness
- I have the happiness I crave
- I see the good in my life
- Today I am feeling happier and happier
- I allow myself to be happy and deserve happiness
- I am grateful for the joy that comes into my life
- Every new day starts with happiness, is full of joy and ends with contentment.
- Happiness is contagious. I spread happiness to others and absorb happiness from others.
- Happiness is my birth right. I choose to be happy and I deserve to be happy.
How you feel about yourself can be the root of many deep-seated angst. The problem with low self-esteem is that it affects every aspect of your life. It has a direct effect on relationships, making a big difference in how others see us, especially as a first impression.
When using affirmations to create more positive self-esteem, you’re going to need to address a lot of issues dealing with confidence, personal history, and how you see the world. The hard part about self-esteem is that we don’t always have as clear a view of ourselves as others might. It might be a good idea to enlist the help of a trusted friend who isn’t afraid to tell it like it is. Ask them about the areas you’re too hard on yourself as you make your affirmations.
Examples of Affirmations Related to Self-Esteem
- I am happy with the fun and rewarding life I have
- I feel positive and optimistic. Life works out for the best
- I am grateful for the fantastic opportunities that my life has
- I feel powerful because I can create my life the way I want it
- I am proud of who I am becoming
Are you truly fulfilled in your job? Here’s an area where it’s easy to confuse being safe with being fulfilled. A steady paycheck certainly brings a lot of benefits. Do you wake up dreading going to work in the morning? Do you come home feeling flat and drained at the end of the day? It might be time to consider using affirmations to bring you more satisfaction.
How can affirmations help other than in helping you to find a new job?
There are many benefits to using affirmations for your career. Think about these things:
- Affirmations can help you to learn the new skills you need to be better at your job.
- Affirmations can improve your ability to concentrate on what you’re doing.
- Affirmations can help you to get along better with your co-workers.
- Affirmations can help to reduce job stress.
- Affirmations can help you to be more content where you are.
- Affirmations can help you to find new opportunities to move on to greater responsibility.
- Affirmations can help you to feel happier in your work and more satisfied with where you are.
Examples of Affirmations Related to Career
- I am confident because of my exceptional talents and abilities
- Doing my job brings me joy and happiness
- I am good at what I do. I’m proud of myself
- I am passionate about my career
- There are no limits to my skills and abilities
- I mold my career to my goals
- Today and every day, I use my talents in satisfying ways
- My career is what I make of it and today I make it a happy and successful experience
- I climb the corporate ladder with integrity and confidence
Now, let’s take some time to investigate these areas of life in relation to affirmations more deeply.
Please proceed to Exercise on the next page