14 Habits Guaranteed to Make You Love Yourself More
Loving yourself makes you stronger and happier. You’re more likely to put forth the effort to reach your goals when you appreciate your value. You’re bound to feel more content because you’ll treat yourself with compassion and respect, and seek out others who will do the same.
Instead of making you selfish, loving yourself increases your capacity and willingness to serve others. On the other hand, that kind of confidence can be difficult to conjure up if you’re used to self-criticism and doubts.
Whether you’re wild about the face you see in the mirror or trying to become a little more accepting, maybe it’s time to look at your relationship with yourself. Try out these habits that are guaranteed to help you love yourself more.
Self-Love Habits for Daily Life
- Meditate daily. Self-love begins with self-knowledge. Sit down and explore your thoughts. Figure out what’s on your mind and sort out your feelings.
- Care for your health. Stay fit with good nutrition, exercise, and restful sleep Limit your consumption of alcohol and junk food.
- Love your body. Appreciate your body. Be grateful if you’re free from any serious illness or disability. Be patient if you’re coping with chronic pain or other limitations.
- Clean up your surroundings. It’s easier to feel good when your house is tidy. Break out the vacuum.
- Monitor your self-talk. Speak kindly to yourself. Use encouraging words.
- Clarify your purpose. Spend time thinking about your values and how to put them into action. Ask yourself what you want your legacy to look like.
- Engage in meaningful activities. Devote your time and energy to projects that matter to you. Maybe you want to be a leader in your industry or maybe you’re more interested in your spiritual development.
- Live authentically. Forget about comparing yourself to others. Follow your own heart.
- Play around. Lighten up. Laugh at yourself instead of feeling embarrassed. Take a break by tossing a ball around with your dog or ice skating with your kids.
- Look on the bright side. Search for the positive aspects of any situation. If your child wants to build furniture instead of going to medical school, you can still congratulate yourself for raising a responsible adult.
‘This Girl Can’ Spiral notebook
A good notebook can help you with motivation to take more notes, write down ideas, or list future dreams. This custom wire-bound notebook will be a great daily companion whenever you need to put your thoughts down on paper!
• Covers with soft-touch coating
• Cover weight: 10.38 oz/yd² (352 g/m²)
• Page weight: 2.62 oz/yd² (89 g/m²)
• Metal wire-o binding
Self-Love Habits for Challenging Circumstances
Some events can shake your belief in yourself. Consider these methods for bouncing back from adversity.
- Forgive yourself. Make a new start. Pardon yourself for past mistakes and unfortunate choices. Focus on what you can learn so you’ll be more prepared the next time.
- Recover from heartbreak. The end of a relationship can be an especially hard blow to your ego. You may feel unattractive or wonder if life is passing you by. Take time to heal and identify what you’re really looking for. Wish your former partner well and move on towards a new love.
- Deal with unemployment. Likewise, being out of work can make you feel unwanted. Until you find your next position, fill your time with volunteer work. Join a job club where you can exchange leads and support.
- Seek counseling. Childhood experiences may have turned into patterns that are holding you back from loving yourself. Consult a therapist for guidance in addressing such issues.
Generous helpings of self-love can transform your life. When you understand and cherish yourself, you can build strong relationships and rise to any challenge.